Qatar National Tourism Experience Awards
Application Terms and Conditions
- The Qatar National Tourism Experience Awards program is open to all types of organizations with established and valid legal presence in Qatar or in the country in which they operate. All participants must upload a valid legal document as evidence of their legal status. Examples include but are not limited to, Commercial Registration, Company ID, or Home Business License.
- Any submitted initiative or project should be in operation for at least more than one year.
Applications and evaluation process
- Awards applications are free of charge.
- An organization may submit multiple applications but not more than one application per category.
- Only fully completed applications will be considered.
- Qatar National Tourism Council reserves the right to re-assign an application to a category other than to the one submitted, if deemed appropriate.
- Handling of applications starts as soon as an application is submitted. Please email the award team on firstname.lastname@example.org should you wish to withdraw your application.
- The closing date for applications is 4 July 2019 at 11:59 PM (Doha time). Submissions after this time will not be accepted. Qatar National Tourism Council reserves the right to extend the deadlines. No changes or additional information may be supplied after the final closing date, unless requested by the Award team/jury.
- Applications must be submitted online using the specific form for each Category. Any other information sent through any other channel will not be considered.
- Applicants should fill the application forms in English or Arabic. It is preferred that uploaded additional documents are also submitted in English or Arabic, but other languages are permissible.
- Applicants are encouraged to submit applications with rich media and interactive designs to show case their projects. Submissions may include links to videos and other online material, such as links to YouTube or organizational websites. Links to material on cloud storage sites, such as DropBox and WeTransfer are not permitted.
- Queries can only be sent to Qatar National Tourism Council by email at: email@example.com
- Applicants must abide by/comply with all requirements of the application and evaluation process; otherwise, their application will be rejected. The evaluation process may require a site visit or phone interview by the Award team/jury, which must be granted. Finalists will also be invited to a face-to-face interview with Jury members, which is mandatory.
- By applying for the Awards and agreeing to these terms and conditions, applicants certify that all the provided information is accurate. Any false declaration will result in the immediate rejection of the application. In such a case, the applicant will be ineligible for future awards submissions for two subsequent award editions.
- Qatar National Tourism Experiences Award applicants are examples of innovation, success and ethics. Should an applicant be found to behave in an illegal, unethical or fraudulent manner, the Qatar National Tourism Experiences Awards programme reserves the right to revoke the organisation’s status in the competition, including status from previous years. If the organization is found to behave in an illegal, unethical or fraudulent manner, the organization will be informed, removed from Qatar National Tourism Experiences Awards programme website and will not be allowed to use their status logos on any of their organisational material.
- Applicants may not contact any individual members of the jury prior to the awards ceremony.
- Under no circumstances will members of the jury be held accountable for any comment or viewpoint, whether expressed or implied, concerning the standard or quality of an application submission. By agreeing to the terms and conditions, applicants agree not to bring a claim against any member of the jury or Qatar National Tourism Council in relation to feedback on the applicant’s submission.
- Qatar National Tourism Council undertakes to manage all information supplied with due care. However, it cannot be held responsible for any undelivered, delayed, mislaid, incomplete or lost applications or reference documents, which may be regarded as an incomplete or invalid application.
- Participants are discouraged from including confidential information unless it significantly enhances their application. If confidential information is supplied, it should be clearly marked as “Confidential”. If it is not marked as confidential, then Qatar National Tourism Council has the right to publish and use this information for promotional purposes (applicable to finalists and winners). Participants must not supply business sensitive information or breach any intellectual property rights in their award submissions.
- By submitting their application, applicants permit Qatar National Tourism Council to use the provided data supplied for the purposes of administrating the Awards.
- Data Protection. By executing this Agreement, the Participant hereby consents to the holding and processing of personal information provided by the Participant to Qatar National Tourism Council, any Affiliate thereof, trustee or third-party service provider, for all purposes relating to the administrative to the Awards. These include, but are not limited to: (i) administering and maintaining Participant records; (ii) providing information to Qatar National Tourism Council, its Affiliates, trustees of any employee benefit trust, registrars, brokers or third party administrators of the award; (iii) providing information to future partners of NTC or any Affiliate thereof, or the business in which the Participant works; and (iv) transferring information about the Participant to any country or territory that may not provide the same protection for the information as the Participants home country.
- Qatar National Tourism Council or any of its employees shall not be liable for any loss suffered by any person, body or organization as a result of any error or omission in the data, information, materials or documentation provided in the application form, whether or not such loss was suffered as a result of reliance on such data, information, materials or documentation.
- Qatar National Tourism Council is committed to protecting information under its control through ensuring appropriate data protection, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical and organisational measures.
Promotion of the Awards Program
- By applying to the Qatar National Tourism Experience Awards, applicants agree to involvement in the Award marketing and promotion and allow Qatar National Tourism Council to use the submitted publicity material and logo(s).
- Award winners agree to participate with Qatar National Tourism Council in the promotion of the Awards Program and to give testimonies to raise awareness of and promote the Program.
- Finalists and winners are permitted to promote their association with Qatar National Tourism Experience Awards Program, provided they specify the applicable year and award category.
- Photos and videos will be taken in the lead up to the ceremony as well as during the ceremony for use by Qatar National Tourism Council for marketing and publicity purposes. Applicants permit photos and videos to be taken and used by Qatar National Tourism Council.
- This competition is governed in accordance with the laws and regulations of the State of Qatar, especially the Qatari Civil Law concerning the promise of the prize from article (192) to (198) in the event that the above conditions are not met. and subject to the provisions of law (13) of 2016 regarding promulgating the protection of the privacy of personal data law.