Judging & Evaluation
All applications will be analysed by an esteemed jury composed of members of the international tourism community, including representatives from the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) and the Qatar National Tourism Council.
The applications will be evaluated in two phases:
- Phase One: Preliminary analysis and a shortlisting of finalists. The jury will review the applications and conduct field visits and phone interviews as necessary.
- Phase Two: Selection of winners. Finalists will meet directly with the jury and will have the opportunity to answer questions and to present their initiatives in greater detail.
The applications will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Experience design, implementation and impact: uniqueness and memorability of the experience, how it was conceived, developed and promoted and achieved results
- Excellence through incorporation of the key values: service excellence, accessibility and sustainability
- Visitor orientation: enhancements along the visitors’ end-to-end journey and broader visitor benefits, including efficiencies and ease of access, learning experiences, cultural connections, inspiration and personal transformation.
Aside from the evaluation of the submitted experience, applicants also must be able to demonstrate a commitment of their organisation to one or more of the key values of the National Tourism Experience Awards programme:
- Experience orientation: An emphasis and focus on offering memorable, unique experiences to visitors.
- Service excellence: An organisational commitment to delivering service that consistently meets and exceeds the expectations of visitors.
- Sustainability: Having policies, initiatives, or projects that help to preserve the natural environment, perpetuate local culture and traditions, and contribute to the socioeconomic development of Qatar.
- Accessibility: Ensuring broad access of products and services to all—regardless of physical limitations, disabilities, gender, age, nationality or language—in terms of physical environment, transportation, information and communication, and other facilities and services.
Meet the Judges
If you believe your organisation goes above and beyond to enhance visitor experiences, inspire guests, and create lasting memories of Qatar, share your story by applying for a National Tourism Experience Award, and get the recognition you deserve! Winners’ experiences will be showcased as best practices to inspire and encourage others to develop and replicate exceptional visitor experiences.
Winners will receive recognition at the highest level of the government, will be featured in Qatar National Tourism Council’s (QNTC) international marketing efforts, and could receive support from QNTC and its partners to help further develop their tourism experiences.
The awards are open to any business, public agency, nonprofit organisation, NGO or association that is directly or indirectly involved in showcasing or delivering experiences to Qatar’s visitors.
Organisations both within the tourism sector (airlines, hotels, tour operators, travel agencies, museums, attractions, etc.), as well as those who provide ancillary services (transportation, communications, retail, security, immigration, food & beverage etc.) to Qatar’s visitors across the entire end-to-end journey, are encouraged to apply. Organisations that operate both inside and outside of Qatar are eligible.